Support Eaton Elementary Christmas Party
Type: a hands-on
Suitable For: groups, individuals
Location: Knox County, Loudon County
Cause: Feeding Programs
Nearly half of the students at Eaton Elementary School qualify for the free or reduced price lunch program, which helps keep them fed during the school week. However, when they go home for extended breaks—such as Fall Break, Christmas, and Spring Break—they and their families often face food and other shortages.
Every Christmas, Two Rivers Church buys, packages, and distributes food to 50 or so Eaton Elementary families (which include around 125 children). When they arrive at Two Rivers Church to pick up the food, we treat them to a Christmas Party!
This opportunity is suitable for either groups or individuals. Possible activities associated with the Christmas Party include the following. To help with the food packing portion of the Christmas Party, please click here.
- Help cook and/or serve a homemade breakfast for the families (adults and children).
- Purchase toys for the free “Toy Store” where parents can select three toys for each newborn through 4th grade child in their families. Please visit helpeaton.com for directions on what toys are needed, when, and where. There is also a link to a Target gift registry to help online shoppers!
- Help set up the Toy Store or assist parents in selecting age-appropriate toys for their children.
- Help set up or assist at the arts and crafts stations where we entertain the children while their parents secretly shop at the Toy Store.
- Mingle, visit, and possibly pray with the families during their visit to Two Rivers Church. The ability to speak Spanish is a great benefit, but not a necessity, for this activity.
- Help take the food boxes and bagged toys to the families’ cars.
The 2019 Christmas Party will be held on Saturday, December 14 from 9:00–11:00 a.m at the Harrison Lane campus.