Two Rivers Church performs weddings primarily for those who are active members or regular attendees for a minimum of one year. Two Rivers Church believes in adequate preparation of the couple’s hearts is crucial to laying a strong foundation and a healthy start to a marriage. We want to help you prepare for your marriage as a lifetime, lasting relationship with Christ as the center.
1. Contact the Two Rivers Church pastor you would like to officiate your wedding.
The fee for an officiating pastor is included in the wedding event fees charged by Two Rivers Church. These fees include overseeing premarital counseling, ceremony planning, rehearsal, ceremony, and marriage documentation. If your ceremony is off-site, personal expenses (meals, lodging, travel expenses, etc.) need to be given consideration.
Visiting Officiant: In an effort to ensure weddings at Two Rivers are in alignment with the scriptures, we require visiting officiants to be a current or former pastor, in good standing with and licensed or ordained by a local church. Before being permitted to officiate in the church, a visiting officiant must agree verbally or in writing with the Two Rivers Statement of Faith. Those not in agreement need to discuss their differences with the Supervising Pastor. If the differences are on major issues of doctrine, the visiting officiant will not be permitted to officiate at Two Rivers. This matter must be cleared before a date for the wedding will be confirmed on the church calendar.
2. Submit a Wedding Request Form. Please allow 7 business days for processing.
3. Schedule you premarital counseling session. Because of the time commitment necessary to complete these sessions, a wedding request should be made a minimum of 6 months in advance.
You’ll be asked to schedule 4 to 5 sessions to cover the material. Your assessment is confidential and will only be seen by those directly involved in your premarital counseling.
4. Complete Facilities Use & Waiver of Liability Agreement.
1. Meet with the officiating pastor and discuss ceremony details.
2. Meet with the Facilities Director for rooms and space that are to be used.
3. Meet with the Tech or Production Director to discuss any specific audio/visual needs for the ceremony.
4. Schedule rehearsal times with the officiating pastor.
• The fee for an officiating pastor is included in the wedding event fees charged by Two Rivers Church. These include overseeing premarital counseling, ceremony planning, rehearsal, ceremony, and marriage documentation. If your ceremony is off-site, personal expenses (meals, lodging, travel espenses, etc.) need to be given a consideration.
1. Submit the remaining 50% of payment for facilities use fees.
2. Provide the Tech or Production Director with any audio, video, slideshows, or photographs that will be used during the ceremony.
3. Communicate with the Facilities Director any last minute changes or needs. Any last minute changes or additions to setup within 1 week of the wedding will incur an additional charge.