Help organize annual Love Serves event
Type: a hands-on
Suitable For: groups, individuals
Location: Knox County, Roane County, Loudon County
Cause: Adoption/Foster, Poverty, Elderly Care, Feeding Programs, Homelessness, Single Moms, Refugees, Domestic Abuse
Each year (except those impacted by Covid), Two Rives Church shuts down all its campuses on one specific weekend and our members go out to perform pre-determined service projects in our communities. Last time, just under 1,000 of our people completed 100 service projects in one day—painting, landscaping and yard work, handyman-type repairs, washing cars/vans/buses, organizing thrift stores, making blankets, writing cards and making cookies as appreciation gifts, knitting afghans, sewing dresses, assembling toiletry kits, packing diapers, pressure washing, and many more.
Preparing for this Love Serves weekend takes considerable time and effort. We need volunteers to help:
- Identify service project opportunities in our various communities. This includes contacting various non-profit organizations or associations to discuss how we can help them.
- Scoping out the identified projects to confirm the points of contact, access requirements, date, time, duration, materials and supplies needed, and the number of volunteers needed.
- Work with 2RC church staff to prepare and populate the Love Serves registration page.
- Distribute Love Serves T-Shirts to the volunteers that bought them when registering for a service project.
- Coordinate with individual service project leads to ensure they know who has volunteered for that specific project and that arrangements have been made to get all needed materials and supplies onsite on the day of the project.
Preparation activities typically start about three months prior to the actual Love Serves weekend. If you would like to help with these types of preparation activities, contact information is provided below.
2RC Local Impact Coordinator