Provide coats for Eaton Elementary School students
Type: a hands-on, a fundraising
Suitable For: groups, families, individuals
Location: Loudon County
Two Rivers Church has adopted Eaton Elementary School, which is the closest school to 2RC’s Knoxville Campus. Nearly half of the students at Eaton Elementary qualify for the free or reduced price lunch program, and some of these families sometimes struggle to provide other neccessities.
For this reason, 2RC provides warm winter coats (and gloves and hats too when donated) to those students that the school officials identify as being most in need.
Last year, 2RC provided over 80 coats to Eaton Elementary School kids!
Volunteers are needed to:
- Raise money to purchase the coats (and possibly hats and gloves as well)
- Work with Eaton officials to generate a list of students that need coats and the respective coat sizes
- Shop for coats (Please visit helpeaton.com for needed coat sizes and to record any coats purchased)
- Organize coats by classroom in preparation for the distribution
- Transport coats to Eaton Elementary School
- Help with coat distribution to the selected students (typically in late November or early December)
- Arrange returns and replacements for any coats that don’t fit